Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Roberto Capucci: Art into Fashion

Philadelphia Museum of Art
Even if you aren't in the Philadelphia area, you should make an effort to visit the Roberto Capucci exhibit at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. To be honest, I haven't actually heard of him until I saw commercials for his exhibit. I'm glad I saw them because Capucci is one of the most interesting designers I have ever seen! His designs moved me to tears.

The exhibit runs through June 5th. If you can't make it I suggest you purchase the exhibition book. Of course it's not as good as seeing the fashion in person but it's the next best thing. The gift shops in the museum contain great books on fashion designers. I purchased the Capucci book of course and 100 Contemporary Fashion Designers. The book is extremely heavy but is reasonable priced and contains a lot of information.
Contemporary Fashion Designers



 
Art into Fashion Exhibition Book 

I would definitely like to check out the exhibit again before it's gone. Everything about it was so amazing I don't want to post any pictures of his creations. I don't want to ruin it!

No comments:

Post a Comment