Monday, March 21, 2011

Feathers and Brights and Whites... Oh My!

My assortment of hair accessories 

Feathers were a big part of the Spring/Summer Collections for many designers. One way to add some feathers to your wardrobe is by putting them in your hair. All of my accessories are affordable, you just have to check stores like H&M, Forever 21, and even local thrift stores. Another trend this season is bright colors. Often designers tend to stick with neutrals but it seems everyone is throwing that out the window. Designers like Jil Sander and Prada are showing an array of color in their collections but you don't have to take it to the extreme. Pairing a white tee shirt with a bright colored skirt/pants is a way to add a little color to your life. Unfortunately, I am having trouble finding affordable brightly colored shoes. Any suggestions?

Blazer from New York and Company

Stella McCartney seems to have mastered the white suit. You can master white too, no matter what size or shape you are. Buying white shoes or sandals instead of black adds a fun touch to your look. A white blazer like mine dresses up any outfit. 
I discussed just a few of the trends I like for this Spring. I will continue to look for brights, especially bright shoes, and keep you posted! Wish me luck! 
White wedge from Famous Footwear 

No comments:

Post a Comment